July 22 – 26, 2017 | 2017 AFSA International Convention
Professional Airmen's Conference
Peppermill Resort & Casino - Reno, Nevada
Join us in Reno and bring the family!
Known as "The Biggest Little City in the World" Reno is famous for its Casinos, Rodeos, BBQ Brew & Blues and family adventure opportunities.
Overview: As this year’s conference is scheduled during traditional summer vacation dates, we’d like to share a family vacation opportunity before and/or after the Convention. The Peppermill Resort features an amazing Casino with a wide range of gaming opportunities as well as many family vacation opportunities including the beautiful Spa Toscana, two gorgeous pools, a fabulous fitness center and the family-friendly Game Lab Arcade which includes Reno’s largest collection of retro arcade, video, and ticket and prizes games.
Family Destination: The “Biggest Little City in the World” Reno is famous for its Casinos, shops, boutiques, restaurants, its breathtaking views of the Sierras, and many family vacation adventures including the:
- Sierra Safari Zoo - the largest and only zoo in Nevada;
- Animal Ark sanctuary for rescued bears, cheetahs and other wildlife;
- National Automobile Museum - showcases more than 220 classic and
- Need 2 Speed – indoor go-kart track featuring Grand Prix-style tracks
- Discovery Museum – a 67,000 sq. ft. hands-on interactive science center;
- Wild Island Family Adventure Water Park with go carts, mini-golf,
bowling and more;
- Grand Adventure Land – hang-gliding, bungee jumping and adrenaline
inducing sky-diving opportunities;
- Wilbur D. May Regional Park and Arboretum where gardeners gather
seeds of knowledge;
- Fleischmann Planetarium and Science Center’s star shows and large
format film showings;
- Nevada Museum of Art - over 60,000 sq. ft. of exhibit and artists space;
- BaseCamp at Whitney Peak – home to the tallest rock wall/bouldering
- Circus Circus Reno – One Ring Circus - free circus acts, including jugglers,
clowns, magicians and aerialists, and play carnival games on the midway.
And, for families looking for more adventure, you can head to the Truckee River Whitewater Park, open year-round for kayaking, canoeing, rafting and tubing.
With sweeping views of Reno’s cityscape and the breathtaking Sierras, the Peppermill Resort and the surrounding amenities will provide you and your family with an unforgettable family get-away.
Special advanced & extended rates: To take advantage of this year’s Convention summer vacation dates, we’ve secured special conference room rates ($100 a night plus tax) from July 19 through July 30. Relax and enjoy quality time with your friends and family before the Convention begins, or stay a few days later to see the sites and enjoy all that Reno has to offer.
The AFSA HQ Team and our Division 6 Hosts look forward to your joining us at the 2017 International Convention and its very special events.
Continue to watch this page, your emails and our social media posts for registration and updated information.
Make this your family's summer vacation
To take advantage of this year’s
Convention summer vacation dates,
we’ve secured special conference
room rates ($100 a night plus tax) from
July 19 through July 30th.
Enjoy valuable time with your family
before the Convention begins, or stay a few days later to see the sites and enjoy
all that Reno has to offer.
Known as "The Biggest Little City in the World" Reno is famous for its Casinos, Rodeos, BBQ Brew & Blues and wide range
of family adventure and amenities.
The AFSA HQ Team and our
Division 6 Hosts look forward to your
joining us at the 2017 International Convention and its very special events.
Sponsor & Info-Expo
Learn, celebrate success,