- 2017 AFSA INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION HIGHLIGHT AND PHOTOS
- 2017 Award Recipients
- 2016 AFSA International Convention here
- 2015 AFSA International Convention Award Recipients... Find them here.
- Where can I see photos? Photos from the events are posted and available for download on Flickr here.
- Presentations can be seen here: Click here
- ATTENDEE SURVEY/QUESTIONNAIRE: We'd love to hear your reviews - download survey now
- AWARD NOMINEES & RECIPIENTS: Check out our complete list here
- IN THE NEWS: Travis AFB Coverage and Article - read it here
- News Coverage of Conference
- AFSA Conference Aims to Unite Airmen
- CSAF Speaks about CMSAF Role
- CMSAF Shines Light on Enlisted Force
- Former CMSAFs Impart Wisdom
The 2017 International Convention and
Professional Airmen's Conference was held July 22 through the 26th in Reno, Nevada at the beautiful Peppermill Resort
S E R V A N T L E A D E R S
Management is what you do; leadership is the person you are and the influence and impact you have upon the people you come into contact with.
Dubbed “The Biggest Little City in the World,” Reno is known for its beautiful resorts and conference centers, and the Peppermill Reno sure lived up these grand expectations during the 2017 AFSA International Convention and Professional Airmen’s Conference held July 22–26, 2017.
During the AFSA Annual International Convention, the International and Executive Councils, Division and Chapters Delegates, came together with our active members to share valuable information, discuss and ratify bylaws, review the Legislative Platform, set goals and objectives for the coming year, and celebrate all the past year’s amazing success.
In addition to AFSA’s general membership, attendees and guests had the opportunity to meet past and present AFSA, military and congressional leaders as part of the professional development forums and attend prestigious awards ceremonies.
These forums consisted of keynote addresses from the
- Secretary of the Air Force Dr. Heather Wilson
- Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David L. Goldfein
- Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Kaleth O. Wright.
Professional Development Forum speakers included:
- Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
Sgt. Maj. John Wayne Troxell
- Vice Chief of Staff of the U.S. Air Force Gen. Steven W. Wilson,
Acting Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology
- The Honorable Rob C. Thomas II
- AFSA’s Past Presidents
- MAJCOM/COCOM Command Chief Panel,
- Former Chief Master Sergeants of the Air Force.
Each speaker and honored guest provided rich insight to the Air Force’s past, present and future. Moreover, these forums continue to build on the strong, solid foundation of activism, education, fraternalism and support for our Total Enlisted Corps and their families.
Within our International Convention, the Air Force Sergeant’s Association hosts the Professional Airmen’s Conference to support and educate service members on the issues affecting the U.S. Air Force and our national security. The Professional Airmen’s Conferences feature participants from Military Educational Centers, supporting Military Branches and Joint Services Trainers, as well as Enlisted Leadership groups.
The 2018 International Convention is scheduled for August 25 - 29 in San Antonio, Texas. Please visit this site and check the AFSA social media outlets for updates and registration information.