We are AFSA
The Air Force Sergeants Association (AFSA) located in Suitland, Maryland, is a non-profit, federally chartered 501(c) (19) organization representing the professional and personal interests of 100,000 Total Air Force, Air National Guard, and Air Force Reserve Command, active, retired, and veteran enlisted members and their families. We are the only Air Force enlisted organization dedicated to the people behind the stripes.
Headquarters: Our Association's headquarters is located within the Airmen Memorial Building at 5211 Auth Road in Suitland, Maryland. We have an amazing HQ Team that offers a wide-range of services on behalf of our 100,000 members. Close to the Branch Avenue Metro station, we have staff and volunteer parking and easy-access to downtown Washington, DC and the Virginia and Maryland Communities.
Volunteer opportunities at HQ may include:
- phone/customer survey support
- historical archives and photo organization
- legislative research
- mailing/stuffing envelopes
- staff support
To volunteer at AFSAHQ, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Division & Chapter Support
With 157 Chapters across the globe, we are always in need of a helping hand as they volunteer to serve our military members and their families.
Volunteer opportunities may include:
- providing meals/support for young Airmen stationed away from home
- collecting can goods, coupons and much more
- working together with members for special events
- participating in 5k/10K runs
- beach and community trash cleanups
- fundraiser volunteer opportunities and support
- and much more
To find a chapter near you, please visit our Chapter listing information.
We welcome you and your volunteer spirit, and thank you for your interest in supporting the Air Force Sergeants Association and our mission to serve the total enlisted corps and their families since 1961.
Statistics on Volunteering
Volunteers provide an extremely valuable service to the non-profits they serve. Many non-profit organization are short-staffed and may lack resources they need to meet and exceed the needs of their community.
The Corporation for National and Community Service estimates...
AFSA Membership - Join us...
AFSA is the Nation's most influential association devoted to the Total Enlisted Corps and their families. We defend those who defend us through legislation, representation, education and advocacy. We fight for the rights and earned benefits of our military members, past, present and future. Annual membership is only $36. Join AFSA now.
There are no open positions at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shared Employment Opportunities
Explosive Detection Canine Handler
Operations - EDC – Lower 48 States
Apply for this Job
Department Operations - EDC
Employment Type Full Time
Minimum Experience Experienced
Since 1987, MSA Security has served as an industry leader in high-consequence threat protection and specialized training for corporate and government clients. The MSA team is comprised of security professionals with diverse backgrounds in law enforcement, elite military units, and the private sector, all working together to provide unparalleled explosive detection, consulting, training and perimeter security services. MSA combines hands-on expertise with information and technology to minimize our client’s vulnerabilities to threats and lessen risks in order to protect their personnel and property.
MSA Security is currently looking for qualified individuals to fill openings for Explosive Detection Canine Handler (EDCH). The ideal candidate for this role would be a highly-motivated retired law enforcement officer or prior military canine handler to work in the Lower 48 states with immediate needs in New York, NY; Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Memphis, TN; Chicago, IL; Louisville, KY; Detroit, MI). We will train the right candidate. You must have a dependable personal vehicle to transport yourself and your Explosive Detection Canine partner to and from various client locations. The EDC will reside with you in your home when not working with you on assignment. This position pays competitive hourly rate plus a monthly stipend to care for the EDC.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with a trained Explosive Detection Canine partner to conduct searches in/at assigned client sites, including corporate buildings, loading docks, delivery vehicles, open areas and/or other situations as needed
- Assist and liaise effectively with the client’s security manager, law enforcement agencies, security personnel, and local partners or their representatives
- Be available for incident/emergency response duty, standby duty, and client demonstrations, which includes weekends, holidays, nights and overnights
Qualified applicants will have achieved one or more of the following:
- 4+ years of military service, preferably in a combat deployment
- 4+ years of a military K9 handler role with full military handler course
- 4+ years in a law enforcement role and completed an accredited Law Enforcement Academy (Municipal/State/Federal)
- 4+ years as a municipal or federal correctional officer and attended a full time accredited LE/Corrections Academy (must have enforcement responsibilities)
To apply for this job, please visit our website at: http://www.msasecurity.net/msa-careers
To check on the status of an application, please contact email@example.com.
MSA Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.